This recipe is from http://www.littlebshealthyhabits.com/. We’ve mentioned her blog before and we love it! She has such a delicious variety of recipes and is a relatable girl with great advice! We make a different version of protein bread each week and her blog is a good resource for trying new recipes!
1 1/4 cup oat flour + 1/4 cup oat flour
1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup Stevia in the raw
Juice from 2 lemons*
Zest of one lemon*
1 tsp baking soda
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup blueberries
* I didn’t use True Lemon (because I didn’t have any), you can if you want to though just remove the lemon juice and zest*
Glaze: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 packet Truvia, 1 tbsp almond milk
1. Combine all ingredients except blueberries and additional 1/4c oat flour in mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan.
3. Sprinkle blueberries with water then roll in 1/4 cup oat flour until coated. Gently drop blueberries into batter.
4. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. In a small bowl mix protein powder and Truvia for glaze. SLOWLY begin to pour in almond milk and mix well until you have a frosting type consistency.
6. Coat top of loaf with glaze while still warm.
Changes we made:
- We used 4 True Lemon packets in place of the lemon, which you can find at your local grocery store next to Crystal Light.
- We didn’t make the glaze and it tasted great..but we bet the glaze would make it amazing! We’ll try that next time!
- Ashley had a few raspberries left over so we added those too – delicious!
- Little Bee’s directions say to sprinkle the blueberries with water and roll them in oat flour…we didn’t do this and all of the blueberries and raspberries sank to the bottom of the loaf. We learned our lesson and will take the extra 2 minutes to do this next time 🙂
You could also try her lemon raspberry protein bars: